The DPSP Cluster
The first call of H2020 LEIT WP2014-2015 gave birth to a significant number of grants addressing research and innovation on diverse solutions for ensuring data protection, security and privacy in the cloud.
The present Cluster was born with the aim to seek synergies between these projects and to join efforts towards greater impact.
The topics addressed in the Cluster give continuity to research and innovation in the context of other EU-funded projects of the FP7 and CIP Programmes, and therefore these were invited to join the Cluster too.
In the following we present the initial objectives and organisation schema of the Cluster.
1. Maximize the impact of EU-funded research and innovation project results in the areas of Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud by:
– Seeking synergies in the methods, tools and solutions proposed by EU-funded research and innovation projects in the areas of Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud.
– Maximising the innovation over state-of-the-art and the advances on the common research areas.
– Collaboration in the organisation of joint dissemination events, such as joint Workshops and conferences, and collaboration in other joint dissemination actions such as joint papers and articles, etc.
– Joint efforts to encourage standardisation whenever possible.
2. Ensure the market orientation and adoption of EU-funded research and innovation project results in the areas of Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud by:
– Working in the deep analysis of market trends and needs in the areas of Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud.
– Looking for alignment of exploitation strategies and models of EU-funded research and innovation project results as much as possible.
3. Help define the research and innovation needs in H2020 in the areas of Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud by:
– Contributing to the definition of strategic research areas and topics for the strategic and work programmes.
– Providing feedback on the drawbacks and problems faced during the execution of the projects with respect to the impact achievement in order to look for solutions in future projects.
The participation is on a voluntary basis and participation in the Cluster does not exclude a project to participate in any of the other Clusters of European Projects on Cloud.
The Cluster aims to serve as instrument to ease the achievement of market impact of the participating projects.Therefore, the main idea is that the participation in the Cluster does not become an extra effort for the participating projects, but integrates with the projects’ interests in creating greater impact.
– Representatives of EU-funded research and innovation projects (preferably Technical Managers, Project Managers or research leaders) in the areas of Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud, including of course, related Cooperation and Support Actions.
– Representatives of market orientation Advisory Group (AB). The AB group will be composed of a limited set of investors (business angels, etc.), consultancy companies on innovation transfer, business models creation, etc.
– Map of synergies (January 2016)
– Whitepaper on Challenges for trustworthy (multi-)Cloud-based services in the Digital Single Market (v3.1). (January 2016)
Erkuden Rios (Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation, Spain)
Francisco Medeiros (European Commission)
The DPSP Cluster at Cloud Forward 2016
18-20th October 2016, Madrid
The Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud Cluster will be present at Cloud Forward 2016. There will be a pre-conference face to face meeting of the Cluster members in the morning of the 18th October and a number of paper presentations during the conference. The clustered projects will also show the projects demos at the demo sessions within the SME Event on the 20th of October. We encourage you to participate!
The DPSP Cluster at Net Futures 2016
20-21st April 2016, Brussels
The Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud Cluster will be present at Net Futures 2016. There will be a booth of the Cluster in the Exhibition area where we will show the Cluster results in 2015 as well as present and demonstrate some of the main results of the clustered projects. Do not miss it!
1st Workshop of the Project Cluster on Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud.
23 February 2016, Napoli, Italy
The DPSP project cluster – an EU-funded group of projects on data protection, security and privacy in the cloud – and in particular the SPECS, COCO Cloud, SERECA, MUSA and CLIPS projects are proud to announce the first workshop of the Project Cluster on Data Protection, Security and Privacy in the Cloud (DPSP Workshop 2016).
The workshop will be held on the 23rd of February 2016 in Napoli, Italy.
The workshop addresses some of the key issues of cloud security and privacy, and in particular: security level agreements, data sharing agreements, reactive cloud applications, data localization, security of cloud-based public services, secure communication and processing in cloud platforms.
Focus of the Workshop
The workshop will aim to shed light on dimensions common to these needs and challenges:
- To facilitate the writing, understanding, analysis, management, enforcement and dissolution of agreements or policies; going from high level descriptions (close to natural language) to system enforceable policies and agreements;
- To remove technical impediments to secure cloud computing, and thereby encourage greater uptake of cost-effective and innovative cloud solutions in Europe, by exploiting secure commodity CPU hardware and supporting regulatory-compliant data localisation.
- To promote preventive security approach embedding security mechanisms in applications.
- To evaluate the most appropriate enforcing mechanisms depending on the underlying infrastructure for enforcing policies;
- To promote adoption of cloud in public administrations;
Contact and Registration
To register click here.
For any information, you may contact email@example.com
Programme and Presentations
9:30-10:00 Invited Talk
Michele Vecchione – Director Vertical Platforms Engineering @ TIM
Michele Vecchione, graduated from the University of Roma in Electronic Engineering, and is responsible of Vertical platforms engineering at the Business Division of TIM. Along his 25 years career in the telecommunication industry, he focuses particularly in the area of applications and value added services development within both mobile and fixed networks. He has covered several management positions in IT and Network divisions of TIM, mainly coordinating Engineering teams. More recently, he moved into the cloud arena, with the responsibility to deploy SAAS architectures for Vertical Industry applications (Healthcare, Smart Cities, Tourism, Green IT) as well as Cross Industry applications such as Videoconferencing and Unified Messaging within the TIM Cloud infrastructure.
10:00-10:50 Sponsor Project Presentations (Part I)
10:50-11:15 Coffee break
10:50-11:15 Poster Session
11:15- 12:30 Sponsor Project Presentations (Part II)
- SPECS presentation – 25 min, Max Rak
- COCOCLOUD presentation – 25 min, Aljosa Pasic
- CLIPS presentation – 25 min, Antonio Lioy
12:30-13:30 DPSP Panel: Challenges towards Data Security Management (DSM)
Presenters: Erkuden Rios – moderator, Lucio Scudiero (CLOUDWATCH2), Thomas Lorünsen (PRISMACLOUD – CREDENTIAL), Gian Marco Rinaldi (SLALOM), Prof. Josep Domingo-Ferrer (CLARUS).
14:30-15:45 Demo Session:
- SPECS demo
- SERECA demo
- CLIPS demo
15:45-16:00 Coffee break
15:45-16:00 Poster Session
16:00-17:00 Industrial panel
Presenters: Silvio LaPorta – moderator (EMC), Aljosa Pasic (Atos), Leandro Aglieri (CSA), Wissam Mallouli (Montimage France)
17:00 – Closure
Centro Congressi Federico II, via Parthenope 36, Napoli, Italy
How to reach Centro Congressi Federico II from Napoli Capodichino Airport:
There are two ways of reaching Centro Congressi Federico II from Napoli Capodichino Airport:
- by taxi
- by bus + by walk
Buses are called Alibus, and they run from Airport to Piazza Municipio (Near molo Beverello). The ride takes about 30-35 minutes, depending on traffic conditions, and it costs € 3. Tickets can be bought on board. After you have two options: take the bus 151 that has stop in “Piazza Vittoria” (You need to buy your ticket before getting on the bus. Ticket can be bought from newsstands), near “Via Parthenope, or by walk.
Both Alibus and taxis can be found right outside the arrivals area.
How to reach Centro Congressi Federico II from Naples Central Station
There are many ways of reaching Centro Congressi Federico II from Naples Central Station (Piazza Garibaldi):
- by taxi
- by bus + by walk
- by subway + by walk
Bus 151 departs every 30 minutes from in front of the train station (near the monument of Garibaldi) and has a stop in “Piazza Vittoria”, near “Via Parthenope. You need to buy your ticket before getting on the bus. Ticket can be bought from newsstands and ticket offices within the station.
Subway (Line 1) runs from Piazza Garibaldi (just outside the Naples Central Station) to Toledo and walk to the Centro Congressi Federico II.