The goal of the cluster it is to create a critical mass of projects addressing the topic of multi-cloud and inter-cloud approaches so to share experiences, collaborate on approaches and discuss challenges for adoption and future research.
The simultaneous or serial use of services from diverse heterogeneous cloud providers is a challenge in order to further develop the Cloud market in Europe. While it presents a series of issues with regards to interoperability among heterogeneous private and public clouds, services’ comparability, portability, migration, networking, … It also offers innovative market opportunities in order to avoid vendor lock-in and for the development of new roles in the cloud market related to hybrid cloud models such as cloud aggregators and brokers.
Today a number of research projects are analysing this problem from diverse perspectives and focusing on specific parts of these and other identified challenges.
Within this cluster we aim to offer a forum in which to collaborate in order to elaborate a broad EU perspective of the Inter-cloud question, so to establish means of project’s collaboration in two ways:
- Technical collaboration across projects
- Collaboration on scientific papers
- Share/Develop best practices to approach technical collaboration with Open Source Communities
- Developing roadmaps for future research
Dissemination & Exploitation
- Organisation of joint workshops with both academic and industry focus
- Support to individual projects by organising project innovation management events
- Approach to EIT Labs, FIWARE or others identified in the future.
- Organise joint exploitation workshops so to bring together researchers, technology transfer experts, legal experts, industrial experts, as well as external venture capital experts and get recommendations for projects.
- Whitepapers on specific topics.
Please note this list is preliminary and subject to confirmation of interest by projects.
- FP7 Call 10, 8 and previous projects:
This document updates the initial work of the Inter-cloud Challenges, Expectations and Issues Cluster concerning the identification of Research Areas and Challenges.
It provides an initial research roadmap for Inter-Cloud computing development areas as well as classification on different areas of work for on-going and past projects.
- The paper identifies a Cluster’s vision of Inter-Cloud topics development by 2020 and it presents and prioritizes both research areas and specific research challenges.
- In addition, we produce a analysis of EU funded research projects in Inter-Cloud area in which we have classified existing project’s work in relation to: Inter-operability approach, Topics and Scenarios addressed, Standards used and enabled Use Cases.
December 2015 – Initial research roadmap and project´s classification.
October 2016 – Update to Research Roadmap
- Set-up Technical Working groups for more detailed collaborations among project’s in the cluster.
- Participation in NetFutures 2017 http://netfuturesconference.eu/
- Ana Juan Ferrer, Atos
- Maria Tsakali, European Commission